Matapouri Bay

Ah actually the cove to the south very open not an overnight anchorage, inside on the North side however is Marsden Cove lovely spot in settled weather but still can roll, or off the main beach in vv strong west can be good, was there on sunday.

Ah actually the cove to the south very open not an overnight anchorage, inside on the North side however is Marsden Cove lovely spot in settled weather but still can roll, or off the main beach in vv strong west can be good, was there on sunday.

We stayed in the alcove on the North side when going up to BOI this year. Good holding in a 20 knot SW but got an Easterly sea swell coming through that caused us to rock. A pretty bay but I don't think I'd stay there again in anything other than very settled conditions.

The little cove to the south of Matapouri is called Parangarau. I have anchored there overnight several times during settled SW / sea breeze conditions - nice and quiet and no problems. Only exception was one night with a launch there pumping out load C&W music!