The most common question asked of FC owners and by FC owners. Does anyone know of a company that will insure our Boat.
Well for the Kiwi FC owners, i have a possible company to try. I was talking to someone the other day about insurance and he replied that he had no trouble insuring his boat. I asked him who he approached and his reply was FMG. He said the premium was reasonable and they were happy to insure him. So that may be a possible company to try.

FMG? Really? I insure the farming business through them and their idea of an insurance quote for a glass yacht was nothing useful at all. And nothing short of daylight robbery.

We used to be with Aon, and the insurance for the yacht added around $200 to the annual premium - less than .5%. When we moved the business insurance to FMG the yacht very rapidly was a big sticking point and we now insure it separately via a different company ( who, incidentally, wont insure FC )

on another board...

Just heard back from the broker. Apparently there is no one within Australia willing to touch ferro. Not even 3rd party. WTF... she said she has heard of ferro owners getting insurance through a Spanish broker. I will try that when home tonight 
thanks chris

I wish someone in the Insurance industry would understand that Ferro is not the issue it used to be 40 yrs ago. I wish they could take that back to their underwriters and consider that with no other underwriter in the World offering a service, they would actually gain a number of new policy holders World wide. There are thousands of Ferro owners wanting insurance.

Just an update

I've just gotten off the phone to FMG, according to the nice lady they won't insure anyone in Christchurch due to an issue with their re-insurance, no mention of ferro being an issue.

It would be nice to talk to an actual insurance company. A company that evaluates risk and applies a monetary value against that risk, rather than the box tickers I'm speaking to at the moment!

Shane