window replacement

Similar to what Alibaba mentioned , we had 2 deck hatches reglazed by a company in Penrose they used Dowsil 795 Structural Glazing Adhesive /Sealant. I heard somewhere that Its also used  to attach windows to skyscrapers.

The best thing about it is that seems totally  UV resistant, unlike the polyurethane based compounds, which I have found wanting.

https://www.glasscorp.co.nz/product/x_sku/DC795W.html

Thanks guys, I have purchased 4 tubes of Quilosa MS35, hopefully this will be enough. I am thinking of not using the damming tape around the inside edge and coving it with the quisola the next day instead. I will keep the glue 10mm back from the inside edge. My biggest reservation (having only put windows in using blackout primer in the past) is that if there are parts of the window overlap that are not covered in glue, say little air pockets, that this will show from the outside (through the tinted window). Also seems strange to not have to key the acrylic.

Have just finished replacing all windows in my launch (Vindex 350)- front we did glass, side we did with Acrylic. (Have also previously done them on Mercenary which are still hanging in some 10 years later!)

Used Dow corning 795 - the stuff is awesome, i wouldnt use anything else having seen others struggle to key, or to handle the UV and heat.

Windows2

Windows

• Upvote 1