Time for new lifejackets...

Offshore ,Inflatable ,spray hood, light, harness point, place to put something like a plb/ais transponder.Crotch strap of course.

Probably auto nowadays, they've improved I believe.

What brands and models should we look at?

Any feedback welcome.

A few years ago the spinlock was the ducks nuts ... what now?

Look at service dates as they need to be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers specs

Most are annually some are biannually and at least one brand are user serviceable

At $50 to $60 per jacket it can add up

Hi John,

My work life jacket is a Secumar Bolero 275N - it is the replacement for my old one that was retired after 10years of use - several  different people had use of it - it was a Secumar 275N as well. Comfortable enough.

One that I have heard good things about is the sMRT 275N http://www.mrtsos.com/products/life-jackets/smrt-275n-solas-pfd

Thanks rigger,knots and freedom. I'll look at those but I suspect our budget and want it now factor might steer us at more commonly available products.Baltic have some superceded models for example.Baltic Race?

Depends on your boat type also

If your a sports or multi racer then I'd go super comfortable highend

If your cruising then I'd look at lifetime cost, we practically never wear ours (I sailed all the way back from Europe without putting one on) but some boats I wouldn't step foot on without wearing one

I'm guessing most will fall somewhere in between