Chains Ropes & Anchors ANZAC 150

Not bad tho, I think I read 4 hours odd for Dragon? Which I thought was pretty amazing considering there was no wind at all at my mooring. A good chance to get work done for Tuesday tho!

I think we maxed out at about 15, no speed record for sure. More breeze than we thought though, so great weekend away.

Thanks very much for the sponsorship, i was lucky enough to walk away with $350 of vouchers in my pocket!

Pity i then fell out of my dinghy and i dont even know where my pants are now or whose clothes i woke up in!

We forgot to bring a watch, late for the start. Not good.

We went out to sea to try and get the easterly first. Voom was well gone by the time it came. Not good.

Close race with Tigre had to laugh as they fell in a wind hole meters away from the finnish. Very good.

Forgot to bring oars and had to use the 9.9 outboard on the 2m long inflatable. Not good.

Good selection of sausages by the comitee which goes really well with lots of rum.  Very good.

Dynamite had the best speaker war. Very good.

Good times good company, all in all very good.

This was our first 2 handed race and ill have to say that it was a blast. The weather meant that it was a bit of a slog bringing the boat to and from Auckland but I think it was worth it. I found 2 handing really enjoyable and the race was really fun.

Thanks heaps to everyone who made it happen, chains ropes and anchors for the fantastic prizes and all the other yachties who made us feel welcome. The prizegiving was a bit of a surprise, one look at the box of rum and I knew we were in for a good night :)

This event is on our calendar for next year and I will be trying to encourage as many tauranga yachts as I can to join us.

This was our first 2 handed race and ill have to say that it was a blast. The weather meant that it was a bit of a slog bringing the boat to and from Auckland but I think it was worth it. I found 2 handing really enjoyable and the race was really fun.

Thanks heaps to everyone who made it happen, chains ropes and anchors for the fantastic prizes and all the other yachties who made us feel welcome. The prizegiving was a bit of a surprise, one look at the box of rum and I knew we were in for a good night :)

This event is on our calendar for next year and I will be trying to encourage as many tauranga yachts as I can to join us.

Gutted we missed it but my crewmate is not currently a well man.

Guess you will be doing the 2 handed series this winter then Bazza?

Dunno, maybe little barrier to port, poor knights to starboard, red mercury to starboard, korapuki to starboard, finish at abercrombie? Call me soft if you like but I'd be much more keen on a 250 mi race than a 350.

We are planning on being cat 3 next year so will be able to enter the longhaul division. 

Gutted we missed it but my crewmate is not currently a well man.

Guess you will be doing the 2 handed series this winter then Bazza?

That's no good.

Dunno about the 2 handed racing down here, we are pretty committed to the fully crewed series and I would probably find myself suddenly single if I was out racing every weekend. I'll certainly come out when I can.

Any ideas for next year--courses with a destination of Great Barrier --ANZAC is mid week next year so we need to plan for another great event and get more boats --longer courses -250/350 miles ??? 

Pretty sure they get progressively longer, the next one is probably 200 followed by a 250 RNI qualifier the year after that. But I'm guessing you know that already.

As for Duty Frees suggestion with the holiday being a Wednesday there is a chance to do a really long longhaul 2,3 or 500nm possibly starting Wednesday mid morning

Then cruising 60nm and shorthaul 100nm starting Friday arvo with finish at GB

Multis can organise themselves as usual.

The key will be to get all yachts finished by mid arvo Saturday then lighting and generator again for a Smokehouse prize giving.

What we need to know is there demand for a long race like this ?

Or should we just run a shorter format and run it the weekend prior so them that wish can cruise back ?

Easier the next year as it will be a Thursday holiday so we can go back to a similar format to last year.

Either tell us here or contact one of the committee while it's fresh in your mind

Bugger all probably. We just had the liferaft serviced, which turned out to be eye wateringly expensive but apparently normal. Probably just a flare pack and the inspection. We wanted to try the short race for our first ssanz one anyway. We would've like to do the auckland tauranga race but with all the work that we put into repainting the deck and doing a few other mods we just couldn't be bothered with the extra bits to get cat3.