How much preparation for the storm, on marina berth

The current forecast for Whenuapai (Hobsonville Marina/Herald Island/Upper Harbour) doesn't look too bad:

Issued as 1112NZST.

Forecasting 230 20 gusting 30kts then from 1700 300 15 gusting 25kts dropping to 300 at 05kts around midnight.

We copped it as well.

A leaf was blown off a tree at our North Shore office.

Now that's got to be the funniest comment I've heard in a long time..

I was just listening to the radio (1700 today) and the forecast was for Storm force winds of 60 - 70 knots in Auckland, plagues, pestilence (whatever that actually is) and general death and mayhem. I think they are broadcasting this here so it makes those in the BOP actually getting the thrashing feel like its not just them. 

Heres Windguru's take on what's happening for Tiri tomorrow, looking good for a nice reach to Tekouma tomorrow. Who else is heading that way??

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 5.12.29 PM.png

This morning awaiting the blow , I locked all hatches , double tied the dingy on deck , rolled back the Bimini, and tied off , layed another fender , and checked the brace , all halyards taught , and tied back , checked cocks , went home , , cleared off the deck furniture , pulled the dinghy up the ramp and stowed , cleared pot plants , waited , tomorrow , back to the boat ,undo all , go sailing , storm over ,

back to the boat ,undo all , go sailing , storm over ,

Now that sounds like a seriously good idea. Take a raincoat just in case, you never know what you might find floating around out there