Tamure

NZ Politics

To be fair Tuffy, when you buy i-stock photos you have no idea where they come from (unless stated - eg a landscape shot of Mt Everest). So the govt couldn't have done homework to find out about this person.

And at least they didn't stage a real photo shoot - would have been a lot dearer than the (probably less than) $100 of that image.

And talking of incompetent, I seem to remember National being sued for using music without having asked for rights?

To be fair, unlike Treasury, you and I dont have hundreds of well paid bureaucrats checking detail. 

They could have saved $100 by leaving the cover blank.

Let's assume Priscilla is 100% correct. That still leaves 9 innocent children who need to be clothed housed fed and educated or the cycle continues.

I'm happy to pay for that through taxes.

You're assuming their upbringing by her will stop the cycle - Id suggest the opposite.

The kids and the country would be better off if they were adopted out - theres plenty of demand.

No I am not. I am saying those children need to be fed clothed housed and educated. It is entirely possible they need to be removed from her care . But that decision I will leave to professionals in that field and remain thankful I dont have to make that decision.

You're assuming their upbringing by her will stop the cycle - Id suggest the opposite.

The kids and the country would be better off if they were adopted out - theres plenty of demand.

That certainly worked out well for in 'straya with The Stolen Generation

Let's assume Priscilla is 100% correct. That still leaves 9 innocent children who need to be clothed housed fed and educated or the cycle continues.

See should be forced to have her tubes tied after the third if solo.

To be fair, unlike Treasury, you and I dont have hundreds of well paid bureaucrats checking detail. 

They could have saved $100 by leaving the cover blank.

Who cares about the cover. Like the PM said it's not what's on the cover but what's inside. She even got almost a standing ovation from winnie for that quick wit reply to the cover remark by Simon, of the cuff. She is getting as witty as John Key was or even wittier. Watch parliament on CH 31 Her whole reply to Simon and the opposition was so witty, intelligent, nullifying the opposition's statements to the budget and budget delivery by them.  She is fast equally winnie as the wittiest MP in the house. Her reply was delivered from post card size notes whilst Simon's was delivered from pages of full scape paper with his jokes, wit prepared and written in his notes. Not so for the PM. Was it not that John Key was so popular for his quick wit and not for his policies 

BP I am not suggesting for a moment that I disagree with a cradle to grave welfare state funded through taxation.

I just thought the media was scraping the barrels bottom to reach for a comment about the budget from a moaning mum of nine.

Yup, I know it is a democracy and her opinion holds as much water as Symons or mine  possibly she is a overly promiscuous christian that spurns contraception and at number 5 believed that god would provide. So rather than excuse the pun "bang"on about her circumstances a few answered prayers would have burdened the state coffers a wee bit less.