Knot Me... maybe

Gas plumbing

I agree with you there. One continuous length would be far wiser. One would hope there is some kind of leeway to allow someone to make a common sense decisio.....hahahaha yeah sorry, couldn't finish that and keep a straight face.

CSST???

I agree with you there. One continuous length would be far wiser. One would hope there is some kind of leeway to allow someone to make a common sense decisio.....hahahaha yeah sorry, couldn't finish that and keep a straight face.

Couldn't read it with out laughing ether :)

+1

And  "The connection of hose assemblies is not permitted"

Literally that means NOT able to be connected with anything.

Stupid document.

Also if you read the preface to AS/NZS 5601 Part 2 .

This standard has no legal standing in its own right but may have if it

is adopted by govt or TA's bla bla bla.

Spare me....... the useless pen pushers.

My old gas dude  (old school) said just do it with LPG flexible, tidy and sensible and I'll inspect. Went for a second opinion as OGD is kinda a bit jaded ...like me.

Young gas dude said, nah, do it in copper or I wont inspect.

Stone the freakin crows. What have we spawned!

So I went with OGD.

Edited by lateral

Thanks B, that's neet looking stuff.

I just chatted to a Gas dude who knows stuff. He confirmed what a poster here told me earlier, that being the latest Regs people are referencing are not law nor are they likely to be any time soon.

He also said you are allowed, legally, up to 3mt runs of flexible hose, using the right stuff of course. He has the right stuff and I think I need about 2.95 all up, nice.

He did say he can't, or more correctly is unwilling, to squeeze the ends on a custom hose for me due to H&S liability issues but it is perfectly fine for him to stand next to me as I use his gear to do as he instructs me to get the exact same result, which is is more than happy to do.

So next week I will take the bottle and stove to him and we'll make a hose which I can install, keeping in mind a few things which are common sense anyway, and it will be fine from a legal angle.

We also had a chat about gas bottles and he's fine wit what I did and found with lying them down AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A REGULATOR THAT CAN COPE WITH FLUID GAS. Apparently some can't and they can let liquid thru leading to a jet of liquid out your appliance, put a match to that and nasty sh*t will happen. I must have a Reg that can cope as mine stopped the liquid. Most are like mine and the older ones that could cause issues are fading away. 

Gas now sorted. Next..........

Is there a grandfather clause to gas lines?mine runs from bottle outside to oven in the rubber type gas hose.new hose about 5yrs ago when stove replaced by previous owner.There is no locker but gas can drain over board in the event of a leak.But like all good things i am pretty sure if there was/is a leak it will be at the connection point to stove rather than at the bottle,so will have a bilge full of gas instead.

Who can repair gas stoves in south Auckland?as my top burners ignite but my oven goes out as soon as you release knob.

Is there a grandfather clause to gas lines?

Yes I was told 'existing' installation are fine under a grandfather clause BUT if they are changed they should be upgraded to the latest Regs.

That link Marshy put up a page or so back, suss that, they are in Sth Auckland, East Tamaki I think it was.

I was given 20 years ago some orange hose and a hand fill of ring type clips that you use pinches to squeeze tight then some soapy water to test joints , I have checked it several times and still tight , it's around 4 to 6 llb I am told , I have fed the stove and caluifont , works good ,