Front beam on my GBE is under SS straps.

I built a new beam my self, and then got it anodised. Sleeving the ends is a bitch.

When I say built, its not much more then a few holes and slots in an ali tube. Cant remember what it is, but there is better to use than stock std ali from ulrich.

We could strip our GBE from sailing to being packed on a road trailer in about 45mins, lifting hulls on with the help of a bystander or 2. Pulling her apart on the beach always attracted a few spectators. That did involve beams and tramps off etc as you'd expect.

So yes it's not hard swapping beams etc.

That's an awesome story KM, so very Kiwi I love it. That's good news, sounds like a fairly easy thing to change out the front beam, so with bolts and fittings removed it simply slides out? Nothing else holds it in.

Cool I think I'll be able to just dry out at low tide, tie forestry off temporarily to a paddle crab and change it out.

Front beam on my GBE is under SS straps.

I built a new beam my self, and then got it anodised. Sleeving the ends is a bitch.

When I say built, its not much more then a few holes and slots in an ali tube. Cant remember what it is, but there is better to use than stock std ali from ulrich.

Sleeving the ends?

Putting a tube inside the beams for last 500mm or so to strengthen where it is clamped. I see the one on trademe has tubes, might not be required.

I sleeved the main beam ends and front beam ends on mine.