The price of ice cream.

So after about 10 days she was craving ice cream. Plus we needed a few grocery items. So we went to a popular spot on waiheke that had a four square and an ice cream shop. We got the groceries and wandered to the ice cream shop.

$5.50 for a single scoop about the size of a billiard ball.( At ripples a scoop is more like softball size)

I couldn't do it. We went back to the grocery store and got 1 litre for $8. Sat on a park bench with two spoons and pigged out.

• Upvote 2

Call into the store at Kuaotunu if you're ever passing and want a value for money icecream.

Their version of one scoop is far from your average one scoop (at a grand cost $2) and generally more than enough for the most people. 

If you're brave try the Kuaotunu Killer for $6.50.  I've never tried one but I'd be 99% sure I wouldn't finish it.

zarbo in newmarket

1 of auckland's better, cafe-delicatessen 

still doing top quality ice cream for $3 a scoop in a waffle cone or pot

anzac cookie

honey + fig 

gingernut 

berry sorbet etc

I tried to order a large ice cream at Kuaotunu last summer. Lady serving talked me out of it, said it was too big. She was right.

It is physically impossible to eat a double ice cream at Ktown on a summers day

We’ve sat there and watched people try and by half way through its running all over them and they are looking for the bin and paper towels

Wasn't out boating but had the day at Whatipu beach, which is a bloody magical place.

Coming back through Huia and got a kiddy cone which was two big scoops of TipTop (couldn't finish it, it was big) for $2! Legendary! Go the wops.