Myjane

Curtis boatie

On way home from north for a few days , motoring as wind forgot to wake up this morning , in tiri passage there was a launch anchored some hundred mtrs to starboard and a big 60 ft beast aiming between us pushing 30 kts just stoped and very nicely motored between us and on his way Well done mr launch , I wish I could shake you hand , very impressed , I wish more like him , good seaman ship thanks , so there is some who take responsibility and think of others

C'mon now, we're all sharing the same oceans, regardless of motive power and hull shape.

There are plenty of courteous and helpful launchies out there, just as there are ah'ole yachties around.

It's a bit like the truck v car v cyclist argument. We all use the same road.

And any one of the above can easily wreck the day/week/life of the others.

Some of the more memorable late nights in my youth were on random launches, they tend to have more party space

Yep. It's a sad commentary on the human condition. There are a'hole Europeans,politicians, road users,haitians,americans,russians,puerto Ricans,keelboat sailors,multi hull sailors,trailer sailors, shop assistants,parts assistants, irishmen ...in fact list anyone you care to name. BUT on the other hand there are equally great people of all the above and the rest just probably want to be left alone to do their thing. We do tend to focus on the little black cloud on the horizon instead of the big blue sky....thought for New Year