From the green pile by krisis to the red pile by ballistic it is open speed at point England.but still must observe the 5knt rule passing 50m of another vessel and 200m from shore

Yip - 50m distance? Maybe.

200m from shore he wasn't. Its a bit hard to see in the video but he was within the 200m.

He was the 3rd punter that day to zoom past.

Its a hard one, sure they are technically wrong but what is the rule trying to achieve?  Sunny day , flat water, good vis probably more annoying than unsafe. A Maratimo 60 planing past 100 metres away is far worse

Yeah, as someone in that situation almost every weekend, I'd rather they went past like that, than dragging their arse at some mythical 5 knots.

And I hear you about the Maritimo. If boats ever require a warrant of fitness, lets hope wake is treated the same way as noise/smoke in cars.

There were some complete useless stink pots out on the gulf on Saturday, when you have a complete ocean why do you have to pass within 20metres of a yacht struggling in light air and wave?  Two boats on Saturday did this to me on the way to the Barrier

its like some of these pr1cks never look behind and see the carnage they wreak on yachts, especially when its light wind.  

Ohh they do!! You can tell from all the laughter and finger pointing from the kids.. See it so often :(

Ohh they do!! You can tell from all the laughter and finger pointing from the kids.. See it so often :(

Hence the reason I am all for registration,so you can nail the Pr2cks, By having a number it will confirm the vessel you are complaining about,at the moment how do you complain about 16ft white sea nymph  rakino??how many fit that description?yes suppose to have a name of 90mm but whats the point with no registration?

Fair chance if it was a yacht creating havoc even though current owner not listed with ynz still a god chance of tracking them in a marina or mooring as most have a name and sail number on the hull.

There were some complete useless stink pots out on the gulf on Saturday, when you have a complete ocean why do you have to pass within 20metres of a yacht struggling in light air and wave?  Two boats on Saturday did this to me on the way to the Barrier

They're envious and want to look at a real boat.

Or they're ex yachties pining for the old days.

Yes native that’s what we want if it doesn’t sink in that others have to put up with the bad wash of these boats because most of the skippers of these boats do t have a clue what they are doing. They are not boating people they don’t care and don’t want to know , most have never done any safety training or seamanship corses they only want to go fishing or tow there kids around anchorages ,, I used the words ,,most , and some , but not all , as the ones who do respect the others we wave thanks

Registration? F that, we dont want to go down that road. Be careful what you wish for, annual fees, cof's, drivers licenses, fines, water police, random inspections for lifejackets etc- it's bureaucrats wet dream to register us. 

How else do you lodge a complaint??

Trailer boats are easy,must display trailer rego??

only needs to be a one off fee until change of ownership,we have it too easy in NZ. 

with our increasing boating population it must come in or do we wait until we have a few deaths?bit like a pedestrian crossing not outside my place we dont need it,next minute 3 deaths Oh there should be a crossing.

You have a seriously large serial number on there bows as in America on boats We yachts have a sail number as I.d then they will stay away from us so we can’t read the number to complain. And that’s all we want

• Upvote 1