In-Port Race 2018

I just read the notice to mariners about it. https://at.govt.nz/about-us/harbourmaster/local-notices-to-mariners/

Says to remain north of the cordoned-off area. Any idea what traffic will be like around that time/in that area (I'll be leaving from Westhaven)? I'm thinking of going cruising for the weekend and half of a mind to think it'd be neat to get a waterfront view of the race as I depart Auckland.

The other half thinks it'd be a great way to learn about how to make an insurance claim...

Am confident in my navigation skills, but also confident in boaties' ability to be drunken maroons.

• Upvote 1

You just don't remember

What was the classic quote, something like if you can remember you probably weren't there....

We hosted about 15 or so on VB for an in-port event including our very own BP..

P3160035.jpg

and yes it was a tad congested ..but we had a huge day.

P3160030.jpg

P3160015.jpg

Interesting to note that they have moved the western mark to the east of the harbour bridge.

Meaning the race boats won't need to go under the bridge to a turning mark, unlike last time.

Nice shots! We were in the first row of boats off the start ...up until the VIPs showed up and parked where we originally anchored, before the race Committee told us we had to move back. Grumble. Still a great time!