lateral

Towable genoa cars...with no pin stop

Seems these would be a nice addition. We don't have them and would be good to able to adjust 

without depowering.

Can you turn  your pinstop ones into towable?

Or are the HDPE anti-friction inserts not up to it?

I can't be bothered changing the tracks as are new.

Etchell systerm was an easy one , a free traveling block and a pulley at each end back to a cleat endless I have often thought to make mine the same , saves that flogging jib top when cracked sheet,

Lift the pin and put a chunky cable tie around the shaft so it cant depress again, then if you want to go back to pinned its as easy as cutting the cable tie off. Use black ones - more UV resistant.

Is it normal to have them setup so they can only be moved forward and not back?  That's the way mine are with a rope and pully at the front then through a turning block back to winch, but only way to move them back is manually.  Would love to be able to move them aft also.  

SM, easy! If the tail of the forward car control is long enough, simply take it back to the genoa car, and tie/splice to a shackle or even around the car itself. Its easy to pull a car back, even under large loads, no winch required.

My (old pinned) cars I simply took out the pins, put a shackle through the hole forward with a double block, then another double block with becket at the forward end of the track, the tail goes back to a cam cleat in the cockpit, then forward to the car again. Now I can adjust the cars for ward or back without a winch, except when the genoa is really loaded and really should be reefed. 

IT thanks, perfect I shall go measure the tale tomorrow that is an excellent idea.  Saves me getting wet!!  Even if I drop off the wind a bit or luff up and take the load off the car I should be able to move them.  

Car should move back from sheet pressure if the cars are good enough.

Last year I was sailing a Cole 32 on the Swan River, Perth. 5:1 (I think) purchase forward and I was able to play the car position for the gusts.