Hey Crewers,

I have a Ross 490 two man dinghy that I have been sitting on for a LONG time, which I have recently ovehauled and intend to get into seriously sailing it. Have noticed that about once every 5 years or so one comes up for sale on trademe, or if someone asks you what boat you have and you respond they come back with "oh i knew a guy who had one of those"...

So, in an attempt to bring the Ross 490 community together, and for me to get a gauge on how to set mine up properly, id be dead keen to hear from anyone who owns one. 

Im based in Blenheim. I have #18 Ile Flottante

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I know this is an old topic, but I have just bought a Ross 490, sail number 11.

The floor has rotted out, and the jibs are a bit average, but other than that it is in pretty good nick. I am currently working on replacing the floor to get it in the water. I know you are at the other end of the country but I'd love to see any photos of your boat (assuming you still have it), especially around how the sail controls are setup etc as mine came 'with some assembly required'.

Any help, comments or general moral support is appreciated! :)

Thanks, Scott