Safety at Sea Triple Series --SSANZ

Amaendment #4 has been posted on the Safety @ Sea Event Page

PIC Marine Insurance Courses have been amended to include Rangitoto Light to Startbourd after starting then on to Haystack.

Safety at Sea PIC Marine Insurance Short Course: Start passing Rangitoto Light to starboard rounding Haystack (Orapapa) Island (starboard), rounding Motuihe Island (starboard) to finish off Orakei Wharf (approx. 27nm)

B20C1650-591A-4805-97E2-EE7FE135A596.png

Something wrong with the Line results in Div 1.  Krakatoa cannot be first.

Nope, they weren't (they were even behind the odd div 2 boat...)

Elapsed and corrected times look correct.  It has been noted and will be changed when Neil gets back from Aus, 

PHRF. It’s a system run by Yachting New Zealand

Baltic Divisions and all cruisers are Racetrack,

Mark may be able to explain that but it’s all smoke and mirrors blind white man magic to me.

I have a team who is trying to work out who they need to beat and watch out for but neither can even spell handicap as both have assorted ones themselves :lol: . Ta.

I didn't think you were racing in your current condition KM?

BWM2 magic :

For most boats it's a fairly even split between how fast I think the boats design is, how fast RaceTrack thinks the boat is and how well you've done in the last couple of seasons in the SAS triple racing.

If you were miles ahead on corrected time last race, you're probably going to go up, if you were miles behind you're probably going to go down and if you were somewhere in the middle, you'll probably change not very much.

Will look at setting last race handicaps in a week or so, if anyone particularly wants to know their handicap let me know and I'll let them know handicaps for their division once set.

Regardless of how you did last race, you will not like your next handicap and believe the Gods, your fellow man and specifically me are plotting against you.  You will be right, I am, as are the Gods I'm in regular contact with.

134 is the final tally

Wind is looking light but steady

If it’s very light at the start we will consider moving the start line down the course towards the breeze

C3B5FC79-DC09-42FA-951C-FF26489D5634.png

Yes, yes/no/maybe, yes and yes.

Created a beautiful post to FB yesterday on way towing PontooNZ boat in and its gone AWOl in Facebook. $#%$^%$&^% 

Slightly hungover FB operator me thinks.

Looks like we will finish around $500 for the Coasties once pledges and sponsors funds are in.

A bloody good night.  We will photos and vid  out this evening after day job.

We had a blinder.

New main, the hoist was like christmass. Thanks Phil for paying 50%.

Delayed start no wind, fog, raft up and rumbos, woried we would even have a race. The sun came out and the start moved up the harbour into a slight seabreeze. Short course, good move by the comitee.

Fantastic to see Frantic Drift, They are looking good, slightly underpowered, maybe missing a no 1 head sail? I hope they come out for the CC.

Exodus sailed over us and then straight under Tigre. Attitude late for the start but then sailing higher than us. The breeze was dropping again and I started getting a hangover.The fleet tacked east on a nock and to find breeze. Not good.

All by ourselves now, committed to this side. We noticed a nolex 22 cruising allong at twice our speed towing a dinghy on a wind line in Browns bay. Blow me down, tacked on 90 degree shift and an easy fast reach in the sun to Navy Buoy. 

Downwind to Hay stack, managed to sail around a few more boats. Too easy. At Hay stack, we cought up to Wired and Ran Tan, big boats look magnificent close up, must be lots of adminsitration two handed. 

Tight reach passing Motuhihi, big boats passing us again and we are trying to wind through, dipping 88s and 930s, jeez they try to make it hard. Exodus then came out of nowhere, they are fast on a reach but we managed to hold them out, just. Very happy with the result.

We didnt notice the comitee had a barge deep in the bay, we rafted up on the other side. The music was good and loud, enough to drown out the whole bay. Lots of rums and good time. Cheers.

So did a race happen?

Did a raft up occur / not occur / what goes on at raft ups stays at raft ups......?

Were funds raised for the Coastguard,

Were any livers harmed in the making of this movie?

Start was delayed till after 1pm due fog and no wind.

The heavy weather course was then chosen, and for some divisions this course was altered from the one printed in the sailing instructions!!

Halfway through the race this already short course was shortened - "go straight to finish", although this may not have been done correctly, and there is at least one protest about this!!!!

Start was delayed till after 1pm due fog and no wind.

The heavy weather course was then chosen, and for some divisions this course was altered from the one printed in the sailing instructions!!

Halfway through the race this already short course was shortened - "go straight to finish", although this may not have been done correctly, and there is at least one protest about this!!!!

The radio silence did indicate something more than weather delays was afoot.

Sounds like all the rum may have been consumed before the start. 

• Downvote 1

I think that is a bit disingenuous there Fish and detracts from the amazing job these Guys and Girls do running this event.

Sorry guys, but I think you are taking my post either out of context, or my post is not coming across in the context I intended.

My first comment re 'radio silence' was that I thought it odd after the last race of the series, and a much talked up raft up, there were no comments or posts at all.

My second comment re 'all the rum being drank before the start' was a direct reference to the time waiting for the wind and following Freedom's post repeated here for anyone who is a bit slow reading.

Delayed start no wind, fog, raft up and rumbos, woried we would even have a race. The sun came out and the start moved up the harbour into a slight seabreeze. Short course, good move by the comitee.

Fantastic to see Frantic Drift, They are looking good, slightly underpowered, maybe missing a no 1 head sail? I hope they come out for the CC.

Exodus sailed over us and then straight under Tigre. Attitude late for the start but then sailing higher than us. The breeze was dropping again and I started getting a hangover.The fleet tacked east on a nock and to find breeze. Not good.

Considering no one has said what actually happened, and I am only posting in response to posts already posted, I think you are a bit twichty calling me disingenuous. No one mentioned / posted re the committee / start boat drinking rum prior to the start, until now?

To be clear,  I wasn't casting aspersions at the committee, I was just responding to what was actually posted in black and white, by Freedom, so Willow and Clipper, get a can of harden up.