What do we know about the Elliott 1050’s?

The Elliott 10.5 Squealer will be on its way to Auckland soon to. Going to be a big fleet of Elliots out there in the 35ft range!

Gona be a good RNI!

Damon is talking it up so you need to live up to The words "We are gonna smash you" lol. Should be good and on paper Squaeler should be faster.

Yup im sure looking forward to getting back into it. Clipper and my brother sam have a massive head start on us in preparation for RNZ and the gale force is going real quick but we will give it everything! We have a huge task ahead to just make it to the start line... The boats still in Nelson and I'm in Niue about to head to Tonga. My first ever sail on the boat won't be until mid November. But that's part of the challenge, preparing and tweaking a boat for a big event is great fun.

When are we planning the Elliott raft up party?

• Upvote 1

Yup im sure looking forward to getting back into it. Clipper and my brother sam have a massive head start on us in preparation for RNZ and the gale force is going real quick but we will give it everything! We have a huge task ahead to just make it to the start line... The boats still in Nelson and I'm in Niue about to head to Tonga. My first ever sail on the boat won't be until mid November. But that's part of the challenge, preparing and tweaking a boat for a big event is great fun.

When are we planning the Elliott raft up party?

Barrier over xmas??

Hi Guys,

New to this site...I own Elliott 1050 "Basic Instinct" and have had her for about 6 years.  Fantastic boat!  Originally was bought by previous local SF owner in 1996 in NZ and shipped to San Francisco.  I race her a lot and sail her even more.  She has always been kept pristine...and has some upgrades like the blade keel and a flat top main...

I am always looking to make her faster, but with none here in the US...finding info and tips is difficult.  I am in the process of buying new sails...and would be great to talk with those who have been most successful with like boat in NZ. 

Any idea on who in NZ would chat with me about Elliott 1050 advice?

Thx, Memo    

Hi Guys,

New to this site...I own Elliott 1050 "Basic Instinct" and have had her for about 6 years.  Fantastic boat!  Originally was bought by previous local SF owner in 1996 in NZ and shipped to San Francisco.  I race her a lot and sail her even more.  She has always been kept pristine...and has some upgrades like the blade keel and a flat top main...

I am always looking to make her faster, but with none here in the US...finding info and tips is difficult.  I am in the process of buying new sails...and would be great to talk with those who have been most successful with like boat in NZ. 

Any idea on who in NZ would chat with me about Elliott 1050 advice?

Thx, Memo    

I've had one (Gale Force) for 19 months. We go OK. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, I'll help if I now the answers. Ken

a wheel is ok if the boat is flat -- motoring, or running. tiller is way better for on the wind and reaching, imo.

I never had much to do with wheels until I did RNI on Marshall Law. 

Her twin wheels were awesome, loads of feel, didn't clog up the cotpit and really good for long passages.

They were particularly good downwind in the dark as you could stay in one place and feel the boat under your feet. Also on a reach you didn't have to haul the tiller and could feel the rudder letting go so you could sit on coaming and play the main. 

I'm not so sure about big single wheels tho