Tried 2 pot, a bloody nightmare years ago especially to get off again. Went to acrylic, worked well but a skating rink then flaked, like the 2 pot. Met a guy in the yard here who said he uses "paving" paint! I'm into trying new ideas but not sanding them off again. Anyone used this?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the substrate you are painting onto? Glass, timber, Steel? The two pot should not have come off, in the short term anyway.
Paving paint is a difficult one, in that there are about a dozen different types. From cheap water and Turps based, through to the more expensive single pot Polyurathanes and Epoxies.
It could be said that the more wear resistant a paint, the longer it lasts, but also the harder to remove once you need to. And more expensive of course.

If you have the time, get rid of the single pot and put down an epoxy primer and go two pot. Its the best non skid in terms of looks, longevity and all round user friendliness. The technique is important and if youre not spraying it (best method) then the next best way is to roll a coat then completely dust it with non skid particles, then blow it off and apply another thin coat over the top. it comes out mint.

If youre going single pack, Id just go to resenes and get one of their acrylic non skid paving paints.

My thinking too. I should have asked what that guy used, was dark green and looked bloody good for the time he had it on. I'm sure he said it was acrylic paving paint.