AC36 Dates and Courses

They say the racing will be 4pm-6pm. If they actually stick to the window instead of screwing around with delays for hours and hours, I would think that arranging things with the port wouldn't be too tricky.

I'm excited. A B & C will all be excellent. And I hope they don't use D/E much or at all.

TNZ at the front again. Good on em.

Sort of a shame that the race period is so short. Would be cool to see these beasts up close and personal so to speak but the rigmarole required to get out there and back for such a short period puts me off doing anything other than renting a bar stool. 

• Upvote 1
Putting the multi-cultural DNA into America's Cup 2021

The challenge for Team New Zealand's event arm America's Cup Events Limited will be to create a festival that connects with and reflects all of Auckland's communities.

It needs to be relevant and meaningful to young Pasifika people and Māori from south Auckland, with Asian communities in the south-east and central fringe suburbs.

All Aucklanders and New Zealanders are chipping in to the tune of $212 million (and undoubtedly rising) for an event and waterfront upgrades far from their homes.

So while the next months might be about wharf extensions, traffic disruption and obscured views, the real challenge ahead is getting right the cultural DNA of America's Cup 36.