Perspex Windows

Hi guys Need new perspex windows ( 10mm smoke or grey).  Confused after research as to different types. Who do I go to on the shore. Also if I cut to shape what the best way? Presume jig saw with fine teeth and sand with wet and dry. Windows fixed externally so looking to  go screw free. 

Any ideas welcome.

When I did mine I made templates out of mdf which the plastics company was able to scan to make a digital file and then laser cut from. When I first approached them they suggested the mdf templates which I presumed they would cut around with a bandsaw, but they said it's faster and cheaper to laser cut. They turned out really nice and were a perfect fit.

I had a good experience having odd shapes cut, for a non-boat project, at modern plastics. They used to be at victoria park but seem to have moved out to ellerslie now. On the shore maybe psp plastics?

I had a good experience having odd shapes cut, for a non-boat project, at modern plastics. They used to be at victoria park but seem to have moved out to ellerslie now. On the shore maybe psp plastics?

+1 for modern plastics in Ellerslie. I took my old windows in and they used them as a template for cutting new ones. 

I got mine from mulford plastics (mt Wellington so not on the shore) then cut out with a jigsaw and sanded as you described.

Depending on how you decide to attach them I have some of the 3m tape that people use for this purpose if you're interested.

Did mine last year and Mulford did em too .

My default window fitting subconscious left over from the 90s led me to fitting them with the sika system .

Cost more than the Windows themselves . Look for a one pot system , sika requires a whole bunch of activators and primers and UV friggin blockers. plus it stinks the boat out for about 2 months

But it does work just wish I'd done a bit more research into alternatives

+1 for Modern Plastics. I took in a long roll of baking paper with the shape of the window drawn on in pencil. Not a standard technique but they made them up from that no problem :-)