beach cats

Can anyone give some advice on beach cats which are 

a) very quick to rig

b ) decent to sail

c) can be picked in reasonable nick for 5k or less

?

I'm after something to keep half-rigged on the driveway, quick walk down to the beach, and away quickly with the (young) kids. I recently sailed a hobie wave, which put me on to this, but I don't see any for sale and 12k new is too much.

thanks. hobie 16s obviously meet b and c. i've never rigged one though. they look they take a good deal longer than something like a wave (boomless, main only -- just halyard up, hook on the main sheet and away you go.)

Hardest part with rigging them is getting the mast up, boom is super easy to clip on. Only advantage with a boom lessons is they aresaferin gybesI guess.

H16

Windrush

Buffalo 

are all cheap and fun beach cats, if you can leave with the mast up they are really quick to jump n and go.None of those are exactly high performance but they are fun reaching, downwind and playing in waves as they have no centreboards.

PT's, prindles and Nacras (f18, f16) are a bit more technical.

Loved my PT. 

Non- foiling a-class is an option to.- All can be had for very little $500-4,500 for a ready to sail depending on what you want. Trampsand sails are usually the bits that can be tired or need redoing.

I'm a big fan of Windrush, no tools needed. Snap clips on forestays and jib, double hooks on shrouds. About 2 minutes to raise mast, then shackle main halyard, clip on sheets and go.

Avoid the shallow rudder version, only suitable for surf landings really.

Can’t say much for the others, but I have a windrush 14 and they are very simple as MY has said. Easy to stand mast alone - lay it in front with the for stays on and mast on swivel base, stand up, clip one side on then it won’t fall down. Find one with main and furling jib, and long rudders. Mine hasn’t got the head sail sadly.

They come / can be - main only, main and jib single handed, two handed or with trapeze, which would add to the fun factor. Parts still available x windrush in Aus.