Boat wanted

Hi,

I'm looking to puchase a trailerable trimaran, tt720, Corsair, F82 or similar. Preferably under 50k but negotiable for the right boat. We intend to use it as a family cruiser primarily but may look at doing some racing later, after getting to know the boat.

Priorities are, an enclosed head , a galley and berths for Mum, Dad and 2 small (but growing) kids.

I've already stuck my nose around Putiki Express (apologies to the owner, I was only looking! honest!)

The layout would be close to ideal. Are there any other f24s around?

The Dragonfly on trademe is not bad but lacks the enclosed head. (For some reason the ladies I know don't seem to like this! )

If anyone with their ear to the ground knows of a boat that might fit the bill?

By the way, regarding condition, I'm a better boatbuilder than I am a rigger.

Hi Dan A

There is another F24 (or F25 I think) that was for sale up north somewhere for that sort of money, but I'm not sure what happened to it.

I'm the fortunate owner of Putiki Express and she is indeed a nice boat and is great for cruising, however a little bit slow for racing in the 8.5 class.

If things work out OK in the next 3 months, and I can convince someone into selling their boat, (or maybe building a new F8.5) I could be looking at selling Putiki Express. so keep in touch.

Hi,

Priorities are, an enclosed head , :)

You won't get one in the designs you mention unless you build it in yourself and potentially lose bunks. The F27 had one a bit like a Raven 26 - hiden behind a partial bulkhead. But I'm not sure there are any here. some cheapies overseas though.

Hi Dan A

There is another F24 (or F25 I think) that was for sale up north somewhere for that sort of money, but I'm not sure what happened to it.

It sold around 4 weeks ago. Gone Wellywood way.

Hi Dan A

If things work out OK in the next 3 months, and I can convince someone into selling their boat, (or maybe building a new F8.5) I could be looking at selling Putiki Express. so keep in touch.

Thanks, she would be ideal. Feel free to contact me if you do decide to sell.

You won't get one in the designs you mention unless you build it in yourself and potentially lose bunks. The F27 had one a bit like a Raven 26 - hiden behind a partial bulkhead. But I'm not sure there are any here. some cheapies overseas though.

I'm confident I could modify those designs to suit, even if we end up with one shorter bunk. It would be okay until the youngest grows too big. If I get 5 years use out of it I'd be satisfied.

Why does everybody want a cruise liner with more than one hull and for under fifty k please!

They are worth more than that, they cost more than that to build, hell Dragon must be up round 700K (cost) by now.

Lets stop perpetuating the myth that Multihulls are cheap, Arthur Died years ago.

Wolfy's hulls probably cost more than he paid for the whole dam boat originally.

For sale: one non folding Trimaran with enclosed Head, Four berths. New mast and hardly used sails, some patches on the genaker. Currently being used to keep two poles apart on the Weiti river. $110k

Guest audioman

Hi Dan

I have a Farrier F-25A that could be for sale.I'm in Queenstown.

Cheers

Colin 021 1777 894

audioman at xtra dot co dot nz

post-1-141887167173_thumb.jpg

Why does everybody want a cruise liner with more than one hull and for under fifty k please!

They are worth more than that, they cost more than that to build, hell Dragon must be up round 700K (cost) by now.

Lets stop perpetuating the myth that Multihulls are cheap, Arthur Died years ago.

Wolfy's hulls probably cost more than he paid for the whole dam boat originally.

For sale: one non folding Trimaran with enclosed Head, Four berths. New mast and hardly used sails, some patches on the genaker. Currently being used to keep two poles apart on the Weiti river. $110k

supply and demand

supply and demand

Ask AA, it would seem from the forums that there is some demand and bugger all supply.

or are you talking about the " demand and supply" of misguided preconceptions over value.

as the song says "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no body wants to die"

And if no one would sell for that price would all the tight arses who want a flash yacht for the price of a P Class just give up sailing? Or would they get a grip and pay the price? Certainly as I look around at prices on multihulls I see that they're cheaper in NZ than - well just about anywhere else in the world.

something is worth what someone is willing to pay,

forgot to add

and what someone is willing to sell for

as you said AA

And if no one would sell for that price

I guess for those wanting to buy and have the money it is a good market but it sure does not help the boat building industry.

something is worth what someone is willing to pay,

Yep that works for me, I can just see you walking in to a marine store and buying a GPS for "what your willing to pay"

for that matter have you tried it at the super market?

I guess a second hand boat or car are worth exactly half way between what the seller wants and the buyer expects to pay. ( which doesn't make me feel any better)

Every day I talk to people who have unrealistic expectations as to the value of a product but fortunately for every ten fools I meet there are one or two intelligent people.

Due to a major change in circumstances (marriage)ooopps..Careless Intent is back on the market. Not trailable, but demountable!! and not under $50k but lots of room for cruising and racing ability. Still on the hard at Okahu.

cjongreen@gmail.com

Saw Kurt yesterday and he said he had tried to buy her back, he has a deal going in a half share of a cruising cat if anyone is interested.

It is a good boat don't let it go for nothing but if you have to don't tell anyone.

What exactly have you got holding the two poles apart?

Archived