More confessions

Complete this sentence -

Ok, we've had all winter preparing and have now had our first excellent night cruising and discovered we have forgotten.....

In our case it is the plug for the sink! Tried using a tapered skinfittting bung but keeps getting knocked out. And tea towels.

IMG_0702.JPG

BTDT. Solved by wrapping a bottle lid in a piece of tea towel. Heaps of choice of bottle lids on most beaches.

More fun to sit and empty a bottle :razz:

She who must be obeyed,have you got everything??Yes dear,Ok then wheres the meat n vege?luckly only gone gone 1/2 way down river and car keys still in drivers door :cry:

On return trip ,a week later,asked junior to put rubbish in bin and washing in car,got home to find we had the rubbish.Grr 

So this week I sailed pork chop up from tauranga amd the mrs was going to drive up to meet me here for our week sailing holiday.

After meeting wifey in westhaven and loading up the boat I noticed that we were short one of our gear boxes. The kids had their stuff but the mrs had left all of her spare clothes in tauranga! Thankfully a quick trip to the warehouse got her sorted. Im just stoked we hadnt left yet.

Ahhh haha getting into the long shelf-life food and I discover I failed to bring a can opener. No tomatoes for me :(

Also forgot ice during my departure but fortunately realized it right when I got to Westhaven, and could swing by the cafe at Z Pier.

We left halfmoon bay in a rush one friday afternoon last year -wife loaded the boat up nicely and i went straight to the boat from work so in dress pants, shoes and shirt - kicked off the shoes and drove boat out to Rakino to get there before it got dark - anchored and enjoyed a beer (which the wife had even loaded in the fridge).

Come bed time i stroll downstairs into the cabin and look for my clothes bag... Hmmmm

Wife had packed hers, and sons (8) not mine, i asked and she cracked up laughing as she realised that she had unloaded the boot but left my bag in the back seat of the car...

Saturday morning quick trip back to marina to get some clothes for the long weekend!

How about to forgot to tell wife we aren’t on mains water any more and using 150l of water in 48 hours! Don’t ask me how, I’m still looking for the leak in the tank as I sit in woody bay! Luckily there are some helpful crew.ogers who helped me top up this morning!

How about to forgot to tell wife we aren’t on mains water any more and using 150l of water in 48 hours! Don’t ask me how, I’m still looking for the leak in the tank as I sit in woody bay! Luckily there are some helpful crew.ogers who helped me top up this morning!

Same as the head,Unless its been eaten it does go in here!!, having said that,wifey(bless her sole)decided to do the eco thing and brought same recycled toilet paper from "earthcare"unfortunately the glue/paper makes it more like trying to pump wallpaper n glue down and no need to go any further.

Same as the head,Unless its been eaten it does go in here!!, having said that,wifey(bless her sole)decided to do the eco thing and brought same recycled toilet paper from "earthcare"unfortunately the glue/paper makes it more like trying to pump wallpaper n glue down and no need to go any further.

Yes. For the boat I deliberately go to the local dairy and buy the cheapest, thinnest 2-ply TP available - hopefully this reduces chances of blockage!

• Upvote 1

Yeah had our fair share of baby wipes down the dunny. Thanks Kids...

And in similar vein.. wife ate a plum, inanvertantly swallowed the stone which came out two days later and necessitated a toilet removal and rebuild on the side of the canal.