Anchoring mahia peninsula

Notice to Mariners details the launch safety zone.

It is usually about a 10 day window, but is only applied on the actual launch day, which can slide around a bit inside that 10 day window.

Safety zone is different each launch, and Rocket Lab tries very hard to accomodate everyone’s needs on a launch day. While absolutely avoiding the potential to drop in excess of 10 tonnes of rocket fuel on you.

Boating can take place in the safety zone on the day, you do need to contact Rocket Lab and advise your intentions. If I can work out how I’ll post the next launch cartoon.

Re anchoring there, Mahia Beach itself looks somewhat ok, other than that I’d be fairly careful.

More like a “awesome weather, let’s take a look at Mahia” than actually planning a stop during a passage.

Think Mokes, not Fitzroy Harbour.

CAA tells all aircraft the keep away thru the NOTAM* system

Interesting,  NOTAM's only work if Plane drivers take notice...I have been at Bridge Pa airfield and Tokaroa airfields while a NOTAM has been in place and plane drivers have landed or done touch and go's...There was a drag racing meeting on at Tokaroa and two separate planes attempted to land and one touched and went...luckily for him/her