Napier sailing club.

BP there is usually someone in the office in the mornings

Try between 9 and 10 tomorrow

The depth in the channel changes every time they get heavy rain, not sure what you draw but you may not get in at low water.

If you don’t have any luck in the morning send me a PM and I’ll give you a contact.

BP, just rock up and tie up.  There is a guy living in the house close to the office that acts as the manager.  There is a lady (forgot her name) who lives aboard who manages the marina bookings.  With your length you may struggle to get into the visitor berth if there are other yachts there.  

Lol. Good job too. I moored up on the visitor pontoon there and was 30cm in the mud at low tide (I draw 2.1m), so it wouldn’t have worked well for you.

Meanwhile I got blown backwards past Cape Campbell this morning and with the forecast for increasing to a northerly 50 I took the better part of valour back to Kaikoura for the night. I passed here in flat calm at midnight, took me 8 hours to motor back, now I need to fill up my diesel...

Good call. I'm looking like I'll be here most of the week waiting for a weather break at east cape. One problem I'm supposed to be at work Monday. Thinking to fly up. Appear in the office monday then fly back. Maybe have the boat back on her mooring by the following Monday. Work sucks.

How did you get on with weather windows BP? What with both Conway and Cook forecasts having numbers of 40 and more in them I managed to find a window to come up yesterday. Leaving kaikoura with 40 knots apparent behind us flying along at 9 knots with just a scrap of jib up, ended up with a beautiful smooth Pacific reflecting the supermoon past Cloudy Bay and a dawn entry into an empty Tory Channel with loads of tide behind us and full sail up in 10-15 knots all morning to arrive at Waikawa an hour before the travel lift was booked. Your comment reminded me — sometimes it’s obvious why we do this :)

• Upvote 1

Nice work! We had an easy cook st crossing. Getting out of Wellington was shitty. But mostly calm since. Autopilot problems put me into gisborne and I am about to board a plane back to gissy with a new autopilot drive 8n my backpack. All going well I'll be under way tomorrow. I did go to work for a few hours so they think I'm working.