Black Panther

Napier sailing club.

How did you get on with weather windows BP? What with both Conway and Cook forecasts having numbers of 40 and more in them I managed to find a window to come up yesterday. Leaving kaikoura with 40 knots apparent behind us flying along at 9 knots with just a scrap of jib up, ended up with a beautiful smooth Pacific reflecting the supermoon past Cloudy Bay and a dawn entry into an empty Tory Channel with loads of tide behind us and full sail up in 10-15 knots all morning to arrive at Waikawa an hour before the travel lift was booked. Your comment reminded me — sometimes it’s obvious why we do this :)

Nice work! We had an easy cook st crossing. Getting out of Wellington was shitty. But mostly calm since. Autopilot problems put me into gisborne and I am about to board a plane back to gissy with a new autopilot drive 8n my backpack. All going well I'll be under way tomorrow. I did go to work for a few hours so they think I'm working.