Folding to fixed

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unusual for Copacabana to be in the middle of the fleet. Whenever I raced against her she was always at the front. Paul Scoffin used to get it really going well. Scoffy must have taught him well.

Sniffy had Waitemata Sparkling a bit later on. He was top dog for quite some time. He was the same when he had the Raven 31. You wouldn't be the only one to only do 1 race with Percy. People get sick

Posted Images

That’s a very cool pic GregW! My boat is the one in the middle’ 4092 :)

Do you know what mag that is out of?

Its from Sea Spray, late 70s - early 80s. I don't have the original. My memory (which is getting rather sketchy) of the Raven racing was that there was typically a cluster of the fastest boats (eg. best gear and well sailed) at the front of most races and a dozen or more strung out behind.

Unusual for Copacabana to be in the middle of the fleet. Whenever I raced against her she was always at the front. Paul Scoffin used to get it really going well. Scoffy must have taught him well.

Wheres Waitemata sparkling with Bobby Ireland?? Did a race once and vowed never again with Percy Cross on his 26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Kiwi prop on a 3YM 30 with sail drive, only issue is it needs to be greased at about 8 to 10 months apart, otherwise have trouble going into reverse, it gets Prop speed coated all over, gets done at Antifoul time every 2.5 years, always stays clean, regular use is the key, I get 6knts at 3000 rpm, very smooth running, revs max out at about 3600, 7knts , boat is

lidgard 35, I have replaced the small rollers once, otherwise no issues, very happy with it.

I have a Kiwi prop on a 3YM 30 with sail drive, only issue is it needs to be greased at about 8 to 10 months apart, otherwise have trouble going into reverse, it gets Prop speed coated all over, gets done at Antifoul time every 2.5 years, always stays clean, regular use is the key, I get 6knts at 3000 rpm, very smooth running, revs max out at about 3600, 7knts , boat is

lidgard 35, I have replaced the small rollers once, otherwise no issues, very happy with it.

I used to own the sistership to White Pointer (Aily's Comet) and got similar good performance from a geared 2-blade folder on the end of 3GM30. Was great in smooth to moderate water but fair to say it lacked the bite of a 3 balder into a significant chop.