Auckland an Port of Entry/Exit again

Customs have just told me they have a new arrangement at Z pier at Westhaven to check in/out vessels up to 22m.

It's pretty new and their website hasn't been updated yet, so email AKLMarine@customs.govt.nz for more info. 

Great news

I was told for checking out you can do it from your marina berth, they will either come to you or ask you to bring your paperwork into them.

Checking in is a different story as it involves MPI. Westhaven have been working towards a Quarantine Pier solution for awhile, if they have it sorted then this is great as being able to clear in and out of Auckland will make the logistics of an offshore trip a whole lot better.

I actually contacted them to see if they would check us out at Bayswater like last year and they replied with the info about the new facility, so I assume we'll need to head across to Z Pier to get checked out. 

So much easier than dropping into Marsden Cove like I was planning. 

In the past they have been quite helpful in checking out and have been willing to come to various marinas in recognition that the dock they had was bit of a shocker and not very boat friendly.

Great news one can check in as well here as it is was a bit embarrassing that overseas vessels couldnt check into the biggest city in NZ and home to a good percentage of the boating population.