wheels

little baby 4strokes

Very much off the topic of boating sorry, but I need some advice if anyone can help.
      I have some huge hedges around my Home. I am looking at buying a 4n1 pole Hedge trimmer. When I started looking at who had what on Trademe, I discovered that a couple of makes had little baby 4 stroke engines. I thought how interesting. I wonder what they perform like compared to the same CC rating of the 2stroke. Does anyone have a baby 4 stroke of any kind that can give me a run down on how they find it. I am talking just 50 odd CC in size.

I have a Makita 4st weed eater.  It starts easy and is much much quieter than my old Morrison 2st unit.  Fuel consumption minor difference in favour of the Makita.

I miss my Morrision!  

Got a Honda 4 stroke brushcutter , very quiet and heaps of grunt in low revs . oil change is only 100 Mls of oil . Biggest bonus is not having make up 2T mix if missus or kids want to use it

My Shindaiwa brush cutter is a hybrid 2-4 stroke. It uses a four stroke cycle but lubrication is maintained by oil in the fuel passing through the sump. This eliminates energy wasted stirring oil. It is responsive quiet easy to start and has been running for 10 years so far. Not sure of capacity, about 40cc I think. Later models are described as 2 stroke so may have moved on or maybe to prevent wrong fuel being added.

Googled 4 stroke brush cutter generators and lots popped up. Have been thinking of a permanent magnet alternator hooked up to one of those? All little portable generators are 12/ 240v so a waste trying to charge up batteries but a straight 12v....?

(Sorry if hijacking thread!)

Googled 4 stroke brush cutter generators and lots popped up. Have been thinking of a permanent magnet alternator hooked up to one of those? All little portable generators are 12/ 240v so a waste trying to charge up batteries but a straight 12v....?

(Sorry if hijacking thread!)

Have thought the same and researched small diesels. Can't find any around 1 HP. If stuck with petrol may as well use small portable genset as I have done.

230 Volts through invertor when main engine charge drops to 40 amps. Genset in low speed at about 40 amps 12 volt invertor charge output