Knot Me... maybe

wicked 2 part plastic glue

presumably the grey and black powder in Q bond kits are baking soda based but with additional fillers

maybe chopped carbon fibers or plastic granules in the black

perhaps aluminium powder in the grey

35-2036_L.jpg

edit

The Black Powder can repair bumper grilles, radiators, motorcycle fairings, electrical switches, door handles, distributor caps, just to name a few. The Grey Aluminum Powder can be used to repair cracks on engine casings, computer cases, office equipment, cracked plastics, cracked metals, and so much more. 

presumably the grey and black powder in Q bond kits are baking soda based but with additional fillers

maybe chopped carbon fibers or plastic granules in the black

perhaps aluminium powder in the grey

Metal oxides and salts.

The 'super glue" part is 99.8% MCA (methyl cyanoacrylate and 0.2% Hydroquinone. The higher the MCA % the less viscosity the liquid has.

Hydoquinone is a derivative of Benzene. It is used in Skin Creams found mostly in Japan and Asia for Skin Bleaching. Although it has major health concerns and I certainly wouldn't be smearing it over my skin.

Hydroquinone is

The stuffs arrived already, most impressive delivery from a place called Pacer, who do car cleaning products out Wiri way.

The box refers to the powers as 'reinforcing power'.

The Black is for most plastic sort of things inc distributor caps, bike fairings and even radiators.

The Grey is aluminium power for cracks in engines and the like. It is also good for 180 degrees C, petrol and oil resistant.

Nothing on the box says USA but it does have a Sth African email address.

Talks all the right words, lets see if it walks them.

Teflon bonding anecdote from my distant past:

Some electronic boards are made from Teflon and back in the late 1980s I needed to create a multilayer Tefon board. I used a product from 3M for this. It was thermoplastic bond film: Put a piece of it between the two Teflon bits you want to joint. Add pressure and increase temperature (no, I dont remember how much) and wait for a while (no, I don't remember for how long).

It was pure magic. I did a test run and trying to pry the teflon parts apart I broke the teflon but not the bond.

3M sold this product and anything related to printed circuit boards to someone many years ago so there is no point in approaching them about this line of products.

/Martin