wheels

Lanolin available

ah! NZ post charges like a wounded bull!!

It costs a lot to be as slow as they are :)

I'll suss our couriers, due to the world wide obsession of shopping from afar they are getting far easier to deal with and their rates have come back a LOT.

Just swear at it

We had the same teacher.

Care to send a tube over for me?

Sussing courier using Restaurant Linde, 8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland, it;s telling me NZ$33 to NZ$156 depending on speed. The 33 is basically un-tracked post. The best option would be tracked slow courier for $56 odd. The faster version of that is $156 odd and makes a 5-7 day trip a 4-6 day one so not worth it.

That is 1.5kg small sized parcel.

The system works on suburbs and post codes so I picked one at random. I suspect as Switzerland is not large it'll be the same price everywhere or damn close to it.

It does seem more expensive than other countries, maybe it's the high concentration of squillionaires that live there ;) 

sh*t, $33? that’s not as bad as I expected. And yeah, Switzerland is pretty small - That restaurant is only about 5km in a straight line from my house, lol. Good guess!

The customs people have a habit of mis calculating their add on fees though. They charged me 110 duty on the anchor I had posted from Aussie because they used 650usd as the value instead of A650 Dollars. Swiss competence..

- That restaurant is only about 5km in a straight line from my house, lol. Good guess!

Guess?? Umm... Errrrr.... Yeah OK.

I thought 5km was far enough away to keep you thinking that it was wind rustling the bush outside your window :ph34r:  {insert theme from Jaws}

;-)

That courier is NZ Couriers who use TNT for their international. They are actively wanting business so rates are pretty good.

My God if you're lurking in the bushes by my apartment you take a huge risk - Our crazy neighbour from Croatia saw out the war and then moved next door - she lurks with hedge clippers in the dead of night!

Found a supplier (I think)  in Austria. http://www.apatina-restaurierungsbedarf-chemikalien-online-kaufen.at/epages/es10669144.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es10669144/Products/5231234/SubProducts/5231234-0001

Seems to be good price. I assume it's the same quality (stickiness) as Wheels' batch.

My God if you're lurking in the bushes by my apartment you take a huge risk - Our crazy neighbour from Croatia saw out the war and then moved next door - she lurks with hedge clippers in the dead of night!

We have a crazy Croatian neighbour as well. That's a tad freaky.

Lanolins can vary a far bit. We used to use lots of Lonocote but CRC brought it and it's not the same now, it's lost it's long term mojo. Most of the variations do appear to be due to additives of assorted types. Lanocote had fish oil in with it as one example, not sure if it does any longer. A lot are also not very sheep colour so that would tend to indicate additives.

This one says - Pure Anhydrous Lanolin (Technical Grade)

It's the colour of snow that's been pee on... in lieu of a better description.

FYI for the thickys like me -

Anhydrous - (of a substance, especially a crystalline compound) containing no water.

We have a crazy Croatian neighbour as well. That's a tad freaky.

Lanolins can vary a far bit. We used to use lots of Lonocote but CRC brought it and it's not the same now, it's lost it's long term mojo. Most of the variations do appear to be due to additives of assorted types. Lanocote had fish oil in with it as one example, not sure if it does any longer. A lot are also not very sheep colour so that would tend to indicate additives.

This one says - Pure Anhydrous Lanolin (Technical Grade)

It's the colour of snow that's been pee on... in lieu of a better description.

FYI for the thickys like me -

Anhydrous - (of a substance, especially a crystalline compound) containing no water.

Pure sheep grease is quite yellowish, a bit like pee when you don't drink enough water (or so the missus says) and smells of sheep, but you would expect that, eh. Quite stiff and thick when cold, softens easily with warmth, body temp.