Wednesday Night Series

johnMi

Good discusion..............

But this was one race where the wind happened to die and the tide was out going, just get over it !!

Was it a nice sail?

Did you have fun? (we did - a couple of beers on the way around)

It is only a Wednesday night race.

I am sure that the guys that set the course would agree it was a little long given what happened with the breeze, but that is yacht racing folks.

Haha yep well said mate! we had a ball! and the days will only be getting longer.. It seems to me people are looking for an excuse not to do races.. what a shame it's the same old story over and over again!

13 mile track with 3 hour time limit - was last Wednesday, so 4.3 knot average required. All in race management are keeping a close eye on things, as not the Multihull Club or the Squadran want anyone to exceed time limits.

Matthew Flynn and the RNZYS Sailing Committee have replied to the issue I brought up very quickly and efficiently. Basically saying at this stage everything will remain the same but they are now aware of the problem and will be keeping a very close eye on it, with view to some sort of change if its not working for everybody after a couple more races. :thumbup:

Hopefully soon enough we have a massive fleet we can split into two decent sized divisions to fix the problem once and for all, id say 16 to 20 boats on a regular basis to give two 8 to 10 boat divisions?

Well, another long night last night.

We did course 14, which had us going on under the bridge and then back to Bayswater, then to the finish, getting to about 300m from the finish and the finish boat promptly buggering off.

Because we now have our own course I just assumed the other boats did not need to do that last bit under the bridge, so merrily carried on.

I was finished (dead last, again, both line and handicap), so can only assume that the course was shortened. Can someone tell me how I know if it's been shortened. I have looked through the sailing instructions, and can't find any mention of it.

Not much fun anymore sailing in a dying breeze on your own. Any of the smaller tris coming out soon? Even Hyper has deserted me, at least I could see him finish sometimes, but the last time I saw another multi last night was before I reached the bottom mark!

Great sail though, great breeze :thumbup:

Not much fun anymore sailing in a dying breeze on your own. Any of the smaller tris coming out soon? Even Hyper has deserted me, at least I could see him finish sometimes, but the last time I saw another multi last night was before I reached the bottom mark!

Great sail though, great breeze :thumbup:

That's a shame John.

There is something to be said for a shorter 1 1/2 hour race with time to get to the club for a good feed (great food last night at the RNZYS btw and only $10!) and a beer with your mates....

http://www.glowfast.com/

Glow in the dark marine equipment, including tell tales.

Hi All,

Just to let you know that you can also get these products in NZ through your sailmakers or at Smart Marine (Auk), Burnsco (NZ wide) and Sailors Corner (Auk).

Just saves you on postage. :)

Cheers,

Glowfast

If you have a look at the finish times for last night, Putiki Express has a result as it did finish.

The course was shortened for all divisions at Westhaven Bouy. The committee boat was flying the appropriate signal flags and no doubt signalled the shortened course when the first boat in your division finished.

The reason why the finish boat buggered off was the last boat had finished.

Archived