Snowflakes?

"Bertelli, never shy to offer an opinion during a long association with the America's Cup, was a driving force in returning monohulls to the competition after three editions in multihulls."

I'd say that rumour is alive and well.

Yeah interesting.

I still can't imagine how a 75 foot version is going to work or what the advantage is over the cats will be.

I'm sure they will have nice BIG floaty masts to stop them falling all the way over . 

I'm sure it will make a great spectator spectacle having gazillion dollar 75 ft boats capsizing like centreboard dinghies. Bit like nascar crashes. Sure everyone is there to see a race, but crashes are so much more fun to watch...

I'm assuming the crew will have adequate safety gear. All you need to worry about is Ben 'crash' Ainslee running over you if you happen to fall over infront of him...

• Upvote 1

Dont be so negative guys, this is bleeding edge technology, in all respects - hull, foils, electonics, rig and sails. It'll be awesome! And all those things are equally important in the safe operation of a revolutionary vessel.  :thumbup:

Dont be so negative guys, this is bleeding edge technology, in all respects - hull, foils, electonics, rig and sails. It'll be awesome! And all those things are equally important in the safe operation of a revolutionary vessel.  :thumbup:

Are you talking to KM and Phil, or Bertelli? 

Just the tone of the thread. Bit like the political threads. Woe is me...

The AC will be cool :-)

NZ is great! :-)

Yeah, the crashes will be friggin amazing!!!! :-)

We'll have to set up a scoring system, how many gazillion was invested in each capsize, or some such.