Knot Me... maybe

A instant 26ft OD Multi fleet, do you want one?

when the leeward bow is completely under

and water is shooting up from the beam

is when you know you're at the floats limit to balance the rig loads

at least that's how it was on my 14' weta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKuDEs_9sB8

i don't intend to find out if it's the same on my 24', 45 year old plywood buccaneer floats 

Knot Me "Then 10K for the missing bits and you into the water with a new performance 26ft multi for $33,000 there abouts. That's knot at all too shabby."

Thinking close to $10 k for the sails...so maybe more like $40K, but a great deal still I would have thought.

There was an add on the NZ Multihull site a couple of years ago trying to move them for $29K Euro.

A comparison I did when the Seacart 26 was new and my Tennant cat was almost 30 years old:

Scarlatti_and_Seacart26.png

There is not much difference in weight according to rating certs I have seen. The new boat is the heavier one...

There was a Seacart 26 moored in my marina briefly but I never saw it sail and had no chance to compare pace.

/Martin

Knot Me "Then 10K for the missing bits and you into the water with a new performance 26ft multi for $33,000 there abouts. That's knot at all too shabby."

Thinking close to $10 k for the sails...so maybe more like $40K, but a great deal still I would have thought.

There was an add on the NZ Multihull site a couple of years ago trying to move them for $29K Euro.

Yeap, after I posted that I realised I'd missed they had no sails.

Even if you add another 10 just for those plus the inevitable bits and bobs say 50K sailing, that's still bloody good.

Are they still actively being built and sailed does anyone know?  It seems these days boats arrive with a big pile of Hoo-Ha with some 'name' (of often dubious quality) attached to it then a season of 2 later the class just fade away into obscurity.

The problem would be getting 10 individuals /syndicates together to do the bulk offer/deal  however  (as KM said )if they could be finished for under 50k they would be great value and an awesome fleet to have locally. Having to finish 10 boats would give some good purchasing power for extra gear ie sails ,furlers etc.

If someone could get the 10 up and rocking, look at the E5.9 traveller series and maybe run along side that or do a similar sort of thing. The SC26 are trailerable, can sail in shallow and would graphic up very well so they could be a awesome spectacle in lots of places. A series on Lake Pupuke or Hamilton Lake and lots of places monos would never be able to sail. Good be both huge fun and a good show for the locals, both of which if going well can attract good sponsors.

They would be far more relatable and affordable than say those cat they stole from Fast and the Furious 27, Bermuda Drift. Or the Larry Ellison multi thing that kicked off recently. Or..... um...... errrr......ahhhh.... that's about all that's left I can think of. 

I'd be in for that.

Dude walks in last thing Friday.

'I need some new strings to hold my rig up'

'No worries, what's the boat?'

'It's a Seacrat 26'

That's a some what freaky coincidence.

It lives in Fiji and was imported there (before being sold to the gent above) by a fella named Ross, Murray Ross.