Speed/depth senors + Wind

I'm looking for speed/depth and wind senor/s that will plug straight into NMEA 2000 network.  I don't want to use propitiatory formats if I can help it.  I will be running a based PC system. 

Has anyone else researched the options? Do any of the main brands have a straight NMEA 2000 connection?

Yep, no problem. N2K transducers are standard now. Easiest is probably the dst800. Depth, speed and temp from same unit.

Send me a PM or call me,0221539176 if you want pricing.

What PC software, and what interface.

I'm going to us Opencpn with a windows based PC and maybe experiment with a Raspberry Pi.  I will interface with a Vesper marine AIS or Digital Yacht AIS.  So a single NMEA2000 backbone for every sensor except radar would be best and I'm just trying to suss everything out before I work on a budget. 

What wind sensors are NMEA2000? 

Also patiently waiting for a Vesper Marine class B+ AIS to be released.  

OK. If you are buying this stuff, you may like to consider the new Navico (Simrad/B&G/Lowrance) VHF60B which includes a AIS Class B transponder. The SOTDMA class B is still unusual, but I have a couple of options...

You mean one N2K bus for the transducers, right? Navico have a range of wind transducers, wired or wireless, that are native n2K.  Did you want wired or not?

The Vesper XB8000 is a good fit, as you could use that for your PC interface, via wifi... However, if you want radar, I'd suggest a 3G or a 4G - but they have to use a physical ethernet cable (2 much data for wifi).

If you'd like to look at a system that has Opencpn, and all this gear, you'd be welcome to look at IT sometime, based at gulf harbour.

OK. If you are buying this stuff, you may like to consider the new Navico (Simrad/B&G/Lowrance) VHF60B which includes a AIS Class B transponder. The SOTDMA class B is still unusual, but I have a couple of options...

You mean one N2K bus for the transducers, right? Navico have a range of wind transducers, wired or wireless, that are native n2K.  Did you want wired or not?

The Vesper XB8000 is a good fit, as you could use that for your PC interface, via wifi... However, if you want radar, I'd suggest a 3G or a 4G - but they have to use a physical ethernet cable (2 much data for wifi).

If you'd like to look at a system that has Opencpn, and all this gear, you'd be welcome to look at IT sometime, based at gulf harbour.

I'm not actually sure if I want wired or not to be honest.  I'm comfortable with either.  Is wireless bluetooth, Wifi or 433mhz? 

Using Ethernet for the radar is fine,  what are the differences between 4g and 3g?  Huge long range doesn't really matter as much as detail, being able to track targets/weather cells and I like the idea of close range detail as well if that is even a thing?  I did read in a forum that modern broadband radar can detect a whale sleeping/snoozing on the surface?

I might be keen to come and have a look at IT some time and see how you have set things up and get some ideas....or just copy what you have done.   lol  

The wireless ones are bluetooth. (Navico 320 series) Good for rigs to about 25-28m. Seems reliable. 

3G is lower power - 18w

4G is like two radars in one antenna - you can have one on short range, one on long, both completely independently tuned etc. Great for fast boats. I use a 3g. Both have fantastic short range performance, will see small vessels and even kayaks at about 400m. Radars only see whats on the surface - but if a whale had breaking water around it, or was a decent height out of the water, yes it would see it.