Solar charge controller

Yep definitely go for something better. That unit is NOT MPPT, just a simple PWM. Well worth getting an MPPT reg and you don't have to spend too much more to step up.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/caravans-motorhomes/parts-accessories/solar-panels-accessories/listing-2209199955.htm?rsqid=9edbad5c2766471a9f2941e86bc6ecd1-002
However, you do get what you pay for. They get better the more you spend.
This one is German made.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/caravans-motorhomes/parts-accessories/solar-panels-accessories/listing-2213890562.htm?rsqid=9edbad5c2766471a9f2941e86bc6ecd1-002

• Upvote 1

Really important whatever brand/model you buy that the input/output terminals in the regulator are suitably sized to handle the right gauge wire for the selected panel output current and lenght of wire runs.

Havent looked at US for ages. Usually goods $10, freight $100 ! So to hell with them, esp when China often do free freight, tho in this case one was on TM

In my experience the epever tracer 10 is a great unit and yes the terminals are adequately sized-unusually they also perform within specification!Reason I caution is I have seen a number of regulators lately where there has either been arcing at the terminal points through poor connection causing the area around the terminal to melt...think about it:( Alternatively, high resistance through incorrect gauge wire leading to visible deformation around terminal points.