Engine sea intake

Might be a stupid question, but do I need two engine sea intakes?

The Saildrive has one and there is a thru hull fitting under the berth next to the engine. The hose for that one loops through the "condensor fridge thingie" and then loops around to join the intake from the Saildrive.

I am replacing the Engine driven fridge compressor with an electric one so the "fridge condensor thingie" (what ever it is) will be coming out...

Thus the thru hull fitting seems possibly surplus to requirements....

Thanks as always.

Some people put in an additional one as they have had troubles with the saildrive onwa not providing sufficient water. But if the saildrive intake is maintained, clean, it should be fine with one.

I had endless problems with my saildrive intake on my previous boat resulting in frequently blown cooling pump impellers. Until I replaced it with through hull fitting which made dramatic difference.

Because of my passion for sailing fast I didn't  want to install a strainer on the outside of the hull so just installed flush skin fittings. My suggestion for a cooling through hull is immediately inside the sea cock is to install a female Tee connector and plug and have the cooling water to the engine branching off the side of the Tee and plug the opening that is directly opposite the sea cock. If you suspect  that the flow is restricted it is just a simple matter of removing the plug and clearing the obstruction with a screw driver or appropriately sized piece of brass rod.