Priscilla II

Sold Boat

After 18 years of owning Priscilla it has sold and passed to new owner.

Crikey which twit stated that the 2 best days of boat ownership are the first purchase date and the sale date.

Feel like a stunned mullet.

However at $650 pm berth rate I had to admit financial defeat so thanks Kevin Lidgard and Co for the unsustainably unaffordable parking option for our princess that inversely was responsible for directly driving down the value of our long held family adventure machine.

Off to have a rum or ten.

Condolences.....

I try not to think on the possibility, being only too real.

Bit rough on Kevin. If he wasn't doing the job someone else would. Panuku,ACC,Guvmit are responsible for this trampling of the underdog(s). As stated all boaties are rich beyond description in the eyes of most non boaties. Perhaps a bit of openness,honesty,transparency and understanding of how the other 90% live would help. Fat chance !

ACA, thats like a fisherman saying if he does not take all the fish, someone else will. Still wrong.

Agreed. Sadly stories like this are symptomatic of NZ service culture which in my opinion is trending worse not better in many sectors - marine included - leading to a culture of “Fleece your customers not service them.” A kiwi friend recently returned to NZ after several years overseas and he said to me “What’s happened to NZ? I don’t want to upset my Kiwi friends but I’m really shocked by the change since I’ve been away?” I’m a dual citizen Brit-Kiwi so he felt more comfortable raising it with me.

Agreed. Sadly stories like this are symptomatic of NZ service culture which in my opinion is trending worse not better in many sectors - marine included - leading to a culture of “Fleece your customers not service them.” A kiwi friend recently returned to NZ after several years overseas and he said to me “What’s happened to NZ? I don’t want to upset my Kiwi friends but I’m really shocked by the change since I’ve been away?” I’m a dual citizen Brit-Kiwi so he felt more comfortable raising it with me.

+10

Nearly posted similar sentiment, but refrained mine was a bit  OTT.

Note to self: Try not to be so negative.

After 18 years of owning Priscilla it has sold and passed to new owner.

Crikey which twit stated that the 2 best days of boat ownership are the first purchase date and the sale date.

Feel like a stunned mullet.

However at $650 pm berth rate I had to admit financial defeat so thanks Kevin Lidgard and Co for the unsustainably unaffordable parking option for our princess that inversely was responsible for directly driving down the value of our long held family adventure machine.

Off to have a rum or ten.

After the lost of ours 2 yrs ago I have no intention of running off to by a vessel, boat ownership (maintenance paint,motor sails etc) have just got out of hand in NZ.  Condolences to you "Priscilla" there will be more in the coming months as we head for another economic slump.

Do understand that it is not JUST Westhaven that are charging large chunks.

My Wifes brother lives in Austria. He has lived their for some time now and comes home every few years to visit. He now complains every time he visits at how expensive NZ has become.

Do understand that it is not JUST Westhaven that are charging large chunks.

My Wifes brother lives in Austria. He has lived their for some time now and comes home every few years to visit. He now complains every time he visits at how expensive NZ has become.

Likewise, Switzerland makes NZ look damn expensive.