DBLRUM

LITTLE BUCKLANDS BEACH MOORINGS

Sorry having trouble putting a pointer on your map. Maybe I can't actually do it. If you look at the boat in the top of the picture then move to the one to the left of it. Go straight down from that one. (quite a big gap) I am the boat straight down & fractionally right from that.

Auckland Council GIS website might help you here - you can select several recent years of imagery and you will be able to see your mooring movement over that time. The resolution is higher the Google too. (Latest image 2017)

mooring.jpg

Whatever you decide to do do it quickly as all the moorings off the Half Moon Bay Marina hardstand and wave/tide wall will be relocated to make room for the new North Pier Marina.

There is mooring just off the end of Wharf Road, Big Bucks. First row off the beach. The Harbourmaster has just recently taken an abandoned launch off it, complete with homeless guy. Launch is at the tip. Not sure where the homeless guy is.

The harbourmaster may be amenable to you taking that one. There is a dinghy rack across the Parade in a small reserve with loos.

Edited by kiwi_jon

From the marina down to river entrance you will find survey for insurance purposes is 2yrs rather than 3 due to high traffic area.

That's interesting. My mooring was surveyed 12 months ago & was given a 3 year survey.

Whatever you decide to do do it quickly as all the moorings off the Half Moon Bay Marina hardstand and wave/tide wall will be relocated to make room for the new North Pier Marina.

There is mooring just off the end of Wharf Road, Big Bucks. First row off the beach. The Harbourmaster has just recently taken an abandoned launch off it, complete with homeless guy. Launch is at the tip. Not sure where the homeless guy is.

The harbourmaster may be amenable to you taking that one. There is a dinghy rack across the Parade in a small reserve with loos.

Thanks kiwi_jon Talking to boat owners with the same issue at the weekend it would appear that this issue may all be due to the marina extension. The mooring area appears to be being pushed out to allow for the extension & then the outlying moorings being "chopped" off

I have a mooring closer to the HMB marina extension area.  (Catamaran next to the Trimaran in Island Time's photo).  I've been looking for information about the effects on mooring holders from the extensions and can't seem to find anything published.  Mooring holders were apparently given an opportunity to contest the resource consent application but no issues were formally raised (Can't remember where I read that).

I've asked the council/harbourmaster for some information and will pass that on when I hear back.