American Magic

Yeah, seems likely. 

IIRC the foil arms to be used are standard across the teams, so does that mean the foil main arm only then, or the T foil arms?

I guess you can practice/learn with whatever, but you need to use the supplied ones for the racing?

I know there is a limit on the number of foils that can be used (6 ?) and a sand box shape that they must fall within, but is there anything to prevent articulating the wing on the end of the foil arm.

Looking at this bulb on AM would it give a variable range of lift control with a single foil ?A599DD1D-7B62-412A-80E7-7E6EB26541CD.jpeg

Photo from

https://i1.wp.com/www.catsailingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/AC75AmericanMagicDroneSail-1.jpg?ssl=1

Expect big changes for American Magic’s second boat they hope will win back the America’s Cup for the New York Yacht Club.

The syndicate are fully operational in Auckland now and expected to ramp up testing and training on their original AC75 Defiant over the coming week.

Their second boat will be air-freighted to New Zealand and they hope to have it in the water by October.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/122236132/americas-cup-dean-barker-signals-big-changes-for-american-magics-new-boat

Yes and another American team, want to use one TeamNZ's old boat.  But wouldn't that break the rules of country of origin, as per deed of gift?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2020/07/america-s-cup-2021-stars-stripes-seek-team-nz-boat-for-challenger-series.html?fbclid=IwAR33H1SIw_LeJeh8F-bVfOnp5h40qyGrFxGWTYzIoADFImBNs87B1RXfAr8

That's awesome! And good on them for thinking outside the box, the more the merrier for the LV.  Wouldn't it be a hoot if the Cup was contested between Te Aihe and the next boat. Sadly I reckon the other three teams might not be so receptive...

Came back from Waiheke to Westhaven yesterday after a 5 day tiki tour on the boat (lovely it was too).

And the Yanks were foiling around out between Rangi and Browns Island.

It's a beast. I (very unscientifically) timed it going from browns to Rangi wharf area in less than 2 minutes.

Chase boats struggling to keep up (it looked like it anyway).

And, at the time, I had rolled the sails away as there was sweet FA wind (although it was from behind me).

American Magic’s second generation America’s Cup boat is on its way to Auckland.

The 75-foot boat is being flown in a chartered cargo plane for its trip to New Zealand from the boatbuilding yard in Rhode Island on the east coast of the United States.

The boat will be the one American Magic use for the Prada Cup challenger series.

The boat’s swift arrival in Auckland again signals the precision of the syndicate that is backed by the powerful New York Yacht Club.

American Magic’s Kiwi helmsman Dean Barker has hinted at big changes on their new boat, saying: “It definitely looks different, there will be no mistaking which one is which.”

They were the first challengers to set up base in Auckland, having been sailing Defiant on the Waitemata Harbour and Hauraki Gulf regularly since July.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/122623241/americas-cup-american-magics-second-ac75-flies-to-auckland

2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Looks like I will be rooting for ya Kiwis again. 

I cannot abide the business practices of Richare DeVos. 

Turns out that Amway is also present in Aotearoa. 

Amway has been here forever, pretty low profile now, compared to 30 years ago though.