Lead Carbon Battery import

Solar king sells those and hitek seems to as well . Solar king doesn’t have listed prices but states they are typically 50-55 cents per amp hour of storage capacity which I think would be $550 for 1000ah ?

Hitek sells 48v 400ah for $7,400 each ! . The trademe battery is 80v 1000ah so some big variations in price

The trademe battery is 80v 1000ah so some big variations in price

I didn't think about looking at what voltage it was.

I can only see 2V on it.

Which means it's going to be expensive and somewhat a large install for a boat.

Hehe, getting close to 1/2 tonne of batteries.  :cry: 

Just a little story. I don't know if this is true. In fact I find it hard to believe, but hey.
A week ago, a mate was telling me of someone he knows that had supposedly built a battery into the bottom of a FC keel. It went where normally the Cement and Steel punchings are poured. Apparently it was huge. We don't know the details of how he did it. I suggested that maybe the guy lined the cement casement with Epoxy Tar. This guy made the lead plates and everything and then poured in the acid. 
The reasons I find it hard to believe is, if the thing was really so big, how do you charge it. And if you ever had Seawater enter it, the result would be catastrophic and lethal. I certainly would never want to take that kind of risk.