marine deals

Bought quite a bit from them and no problems. Not sure what the question is about as there are lots of online retailers out there, so why this one?

Just get a bit nervous when buying goods online from an outlet I have no knowledge of.

All good, thanks for the response.

Just get a bit nervous when buying goods online from an outlet I have no knowledge of.

All good, thanks for the response.

I'm South island based, so I rely on online stores more than people from the great metropolis up north. I've had some good gear and good advice too, when I call them.

I thought their store was in Wellington. I might have my retailers mixed up though.

that would be Barton Marine (physical store) and Discount marine is their on-line store

I purchased a VHF from them which died about a month later. They had no problem supplying a replacement but could not do the same model as I think they tend to get batches of things they are selling at a discounted rate.

Have been using them for years for fishing gear and other assorted marine equipment and parts. As mentioned above, pays to price check, but I have found more often than not they are well priced, have great customer service and have on occasion price matched / beaten.

Year or so ago I had a rod break just above the handle about 9 months after purchase, no questions asked, replacement sent day it happened, received next day with a tube to return broken rod.... Can't fault that.

Quite often their why pay ‘x’, our price ‘y’ is a total have. When no one sells the item at x, and their price of y is actually above NZ rrp, let alone a good discounted price. As far as electronics go, and for the major brands, or B&G, Lowrance, Simrad, Garmin, they get no special pricing or buying power, other than buying bulk lots of end of line discontinued stock. I quite often check their prices when I’m quoting packages, and I’m astounded at how bad their pricing is.