Little Shoal Bay Screw-Up

Crikey this has turned into a seventh movement symphony, and what a pack of neurotic moaning dribblers those Little Shoal Bay residents are.

Unfortunately this incident may well fuel the fire for the hard stand haul out facility to be removed like the one under the harbour bridge.

Couple that with demise of Okahu and the Devonport thinning one must wonder about the future of mooring and maintaining yachts outside the commercial interests.

It's not quite as bad as the Stuff headline suggests. It is now a typical problem with Stuff. I have gone right off them...errr...it. Simply, some heavy gear is going to be trucked up from Hamilton. Like moving anything oversize on the Roads in NZ, it requires permits. Standard practice. Then there is the normal OSH and public safety stuff that will have to be carried out down on the beach area.

• Upvote 4

Crikey this has turned into a seventh movement symphony, and what a pack of neurotic moaning dribblers those Little Shoal Bay residents are.

Unfortunately this incident may well fuel the fire for the hard stand haul out facility to be removed like the one under the harbour bridge.

Couple that with demise of Okahu and the Devonport thinning one must wonder about the future of mooring and maintaining yachts outside the commercial interests.

what's happening to the devonport haul out facilities?

I'm just wondering if marine salvage laws apply to a beached digger?

Hypothetically speaking, if you rowed over to it, tied a line to it, could you call it yours?

maybe at high tide. but then you'd probably be responsible for it!

I'm just wondering if marine salvage laws apply to a beached digger?

Hypothetically speaking, if you rowed over to it, tied a line to it, could you call it yours?

Marine salvage laws have never said that if you put a line on something on a beach it's yours.

But I guess if you want to pay to salvage a useless steel sculpture from an Auckland beach you could give it a go!