Standing rigging replace

Some interesting stuff in Cruisers Forum under "DIY standing rigging in Oz" with everyone saying scrap the ss,dynema is the only way to go.What you say KM?

If I needed to replace my stainless rod and I didn't need insurance (or could get someone to insure my diy) then I wouldn't hesitate.

Insurance agent said they wouldn't even cover me for diy dyneema runners, they have to be professionally spliced and sized by a rigger.

Two words, Super Yachts

Not sure .... when I replaced my caps and inners the rigger told me the exercise probably was cheaper or similar price to if it had been S.S. ... abrasion - yes you need to protect if that is likely to an issue - I have a cover on the cap shrouds and my previous ones that were replaced it was entirely an age thing (10yrs+) - inside the cover they were good as gold (chafe wise).

Not sure if a good choice for DYI as one little fault could have big consequences . My Insurance  never asked for any receipts or who did it - just asked the question hgow old is the rigging  to which i replied all done .