apache cat

Crikey Erice that convoluted spaghetti you script as posts beggars belief.

Try expressing your opinions in a format that most can decipher and maybe someone will actually be interested.

Ok so you are special needs well enjoy it but give us a break.

I know it’s a complicated world but that doesn’t mean you have a free pass to add to its complexities.

Agreed. Except I always like what Erice says. You are very special Erice.

trying again

"loads on these multis are immense", wider trimarans generally have an even greater struggle to de-power invisible gusts than their narrower sisters, catamarans, who lift a hull earlier, depowering the rig 

not really related but beau geste's mod70 twin, was here doing very well holding the loads,

at least up until the weight of the boat came to bear on 1 sidestay only

this expensive capsize of a brand new boat almost, some would say DID, kill the mod 70 class

seem to remember it was something to do with being unable to release an overloaded traveller past a certain point?

I  think the MOD70s originally had a hydraulic main sheet (you can see the ram on the boom in that video) and it was very slow to release, causing that and the spindrift capsize. They changed the system to act quicker and gave the helm a dump button too I think. 

Has Cation done a coastal?

I guess Kotuku and Rehab don’t have lift creating

Daggers, correct?

Kotuku yes, Rehab no.

Cation & Kotuku are quite similar I think, but Cation is owned by a sailor very involved in skiff sailing, and I think has a very disciplined approach to weight, which I imagine will pay off as they get the boat worked up.

Roger Hill's current work in both sail & power cats is cutting edge, some beautiful examples of NZ boat building there.