Round White Island 2019

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kicks Race report for the RAYC White Island Race.   So Friday morning started at 7am leaving the dock for our trip down from Whangaparaoa to the start line off Devonport. All was going well until i

Snipers white island race.   For what was meant to be a light airs race it was looking pretty windy as we approached North head after our motor up from Gulf harbour. The pre-race discussion centere

Posted Images

Thanks for that  IT.  Couple of guys, one of them at least from SSANZ jumped on and helped retrieve everything without having to cut away the rigging which was much appreciated as it's only a couple of months old.  Sorry I didn't catch their names when talking to Paul.  Everything rigging was replaced this year in a big overhaul apart from the chainplate bolts as careful inspection showed no issues.  Guess what?  They will all be replaced now!  Shakedown race did it's job nicely.

Serena, the Thompson 38 has a video of them sending it off the start (on FB, Kraken Yachting), they have a red flag flying from the backstay. Some kind of start line incident?

https://www.facebook.com/krakenyachting/videos/vb.1783935465178679/2410726115847613/?type=3&theater

Wasn’t me it was Neil Hilder ( Tickled on here ) he’s our chairman.

They were out in our new RIB ( first trip ) it’s ex Doyle Sails and is going to be our safety boat

The boats on charter to an international team for the 49ers worlds and Neil was handing it over to them

So it seems to work as per requirements, amusingly the guy that will mostly drive it was on SMU