Jump to content

Block Identification

Recommended Posts

My Bonito has a wire topping lift down with a length of line that attaches to the boom. The height is adjusted by two clips and is a pain to use as it only gives two positions.


After looking around the other Bonitos in the yard, they all have a wire/line combination as well. However, each has a block on the end of the boom that the line runs through. These blocks have a locking system, kind of like a cam cleat or something built into them which allows adjustment of the topping lift by simply locking off the line.


I’ve been searching far and wide for one of these blocks, but without knowing the name it’s a bit hard.


I wonder if the hive mind knows what this bit of hardware is called?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...