Dtwo

Anyone know this fish stealing tosser?

Anchored in Kiwiriki with friends aboard.  Idly watching this a%#ehole fishing away in about 10 m, stray lining.  He hooks up and pulls out about 15cm snap, throws it in the bin.  I couldn't believe it so I told my mate and we both watched him do it again and again.  He could see us watching so he started to retrieve from inside the covered cockpit when the boat was hanging away from us.  He was at it for about 4-5 hours.

Before you ask why I didn't say something at the time - wifey wouldn't let me go thermonuclear at him in front of our friends.

The boat is a Vindex 375 called Affinity.  Couldn't see a port.

I can't understand why you would bother even catching these fish, there is no meat on them anyway, even if you are enough of a tosser to ignore catch limits and quotas.

If anyone knows him, a gentle reminder would be in order.

Fish stealing fucker.jpg

gee a downvote, awesome. lots to talk about here the first is taking undersize fish. Not legal so if someone is doing it then it they should be held to account if possible there and then, however posting grainy pictures with an accusation in a public place is bordering on libel.

I wouldn't do it unless I was prepared to stand up in court and I would be very unhappy if my picture was posted on somewhere with someone accusing me of doing something without the right of reply. 

Back to the fish thing, many times I have been fishing and started catching only to find greed for catching more begins to kick in. It takes a lot of self control to take only what you need. This undersize fisherman may be taking potential big fish but I have probably done a lot  more damage legally. Many times I have caught my limit, and there is a massive difference between a bin of 320's (which I dont take btw) and a bin of 600's. Last year I caught an 850 at Barrier, I was so excited that I forgot all about the significance of the big breeders etc I should have returned it. Over the years my fishing has evolved into one or two at most keepers, not a bin full.

I appreciate that people may not want to confront someone but the appropriate way to deal with it is to tell a fisheries officer. 

Yep well I’m one of your down votes.

If you don’t participate, don’t expect any change.

As for the “trophy hunters” they are worse than the juvenile stealers, as you

Alluded to.

With today’s media everyone has mode of reply.

Whatever, I’d just man up snd say something directly rather than hide behind a username and libel someone. As for trophies, read a few fishing mags. Mostly the culture is release if possible.

Been having a discussion fish mounting,sure a 15lber looks nice on the wall of fame,but what a waste of meat. Argument

was I caught it I can do what I like with it,fair enough.

Back to topic,speak up,may not no the rules(cough cough) but 0800 poacher is a start. Approaching someone Hmm could take a chance but is the verbal warranted to ruin your day??

a week ago watched a charter operator releasing clients fish,disgusted and spoke up and got told to Foff and mind my own business.

grab fish rip hook out throw back,all under size,mania mussel farm ,mean while nephew I and didnt need to measure. 3 each was more than enough. average 6lb snapper. Starting to feed as spawn is over.