Issue with site database

Sorry everyone,  there is a problem with the site database/system right now. The ability of it to sort the posts by date/time is not working properly, and new posts are not listing properly in the threads.

I've sent Karl (Mothership & hosting company) an email for help, as I dont see what's actually wrong!

• Upvote 1

Unlikely. No response from Karl by ph or email at this point. I’m trying to figure it out, but I only have access to the admin console of the forum software, not the server side. Admin logins are really slow as well...

The issue is an sql server issue, not forum software. The site is hosted by mothership, free of charge. They have to fix it, I don’t have access to the server, only the site software admin console.  I’m still awaiting their response.

OK, still no response.

Does anyone here have facilities they would be willing to host the site on? Happy to discuss an advertising in lieu deal. The site runs on Invision power board, and needs updating. Surely there is a member out there with the skills and equipment to help?

Please PM me or call on 0221539176

You could host it yourself with a Synology NAS with data protection, or if you have lots of traffic and want a lot of functionality, email PCtraders.co.nz and by a ex lease machine that will make a powerful server, just tell them what you want to do and answer there questions.   Also you will need a reasonable internet connection with a static IP address, ultimatebroadband.co.nz biz fibre, has no data caps or orcon, its a extra $10 a month for a static IP on a residential plan.   Neither of those suppliers shape your data to suit the load on their networks.   

Yep, I could host it, and I have a suitable machine, fixed IP etc. But the  issue is that  I'm away a fair bit, and if I'm in the middle of the pacific when it has an issue, I need someone else who can fix it...

Yep, I could host it, and I have a suitable machine, fixed IP etc. But the  issue is that  I'm away a fair bit, and if I'm in the middle of the pacific when it has an issue, I need someone else who can fix it...

There are plenty of Techs locally or worldwide that can look after your server remotely for not a large cost.    You will likely find someone on the IP Board support forums, who is familiar with this software that would do it?  

If power outages and rebooting remotely is a concern,  wire up a GSM relay for reboots and make up a UPS.

Or if you would just prefer hosting I can recommend adcl.co.nz   

I could certainly fix it and keep it running (Software Developer), but couldn't really host it.

That said, I don't know the board software, and I haven't done any web development for years, but feel free to drop me a PM.

I do have a server, but I'm moving on the boat in the next 3 months, so definitely not a long term solution there, sorry.