Bunk Lee Cloths

Am going to install a couple of lee cloths using the fabric from camp stretchers, the sprung steel support ones.

Was thinking of using a 15 or 20 mm dowel through the hem already there and attaching rope around that and through the cutouts in fabric. Internet seems a bit divided on length, either from knees to shoulders or full bunk length? Also the height, some say 18 inches which seems lot to me , would not 300mm be OK? Is it going to work? Just for overnight coastal use nothing to dramatic weather wise I hope. 

IMG_1420.JPG

Shoulders to just past the hips, allow for longer folk, We used a strong netting fabric allows for air circulation, Eye bolt at each end with 1 x 5mm nylon cord picking up 4 equal points and can be tied of once you are in it, and loosened / untied when you get out. easy peasy.

I use the large plastic "squeeze to undo clips. One at each end and one in the middle. This allows you to have the middle and foot end clipped and the head end undone for easier access but still holding everything in in a rolling sea ..

And seems to be more comfortable for those prone to "the ills".

When its very bumpy you clip the head end one up.

The width of an average persons shoulders is as high as you ever need to go..to fall out over that means you have put the mast under water !